OSHA Top Ten Violations
- Mon 01st November 2021
- Houston, TX
OSHA has released their preliminary data for the most frequently cited standards. Once again, Fall Protection – General requirements tops the list and Fall Protection – Training Requirements comes in at number seven.
The full list is as follows:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,295 violations
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,527
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,026
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 1,948
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 1,947
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,698
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,666
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,452
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,420
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,113
It is important to remember that while OSHA violations are a concern for every employer, lives are literally at stake. Over 30% of all construction fatalities every year are falls to a lower level and every one of them is preventable. Workers who are six feet or more above lower levels are at risk for serious injury or death if they should fall. To protect these workers, employers must provide fall protection and the appropriate training on how to use it properly.
If you are in need of assistance in setting up a fall protection program for your workers please contact us. We will help you get and stay compliant and more importantly, we will help you save lives.